xavier url

Thursday, February 2, 2012

My Trip To D.C.

           One January day I was in my room watching tv. Then my Mom and Dad called me into their room. They said we were going to take a vacation somewhere. I had heard about the Martin Luther King Monument in Washington D.C. My Aunt lived in Maryland which was only twenty minutes away. We all agreed and got our things ready for the trip. I packed some clothes, my games, and a book to keep myself busy on the road. We also packed some snacks for if we got hungry. We were all set and we took off.
While we were on the road we stopped to see my sister at the University Of North Carolina In Greensboro. They call it UNCG for short. She wasn’t there so we decided we would come back after the trip. We also passed a city named Graham. My Dad told me that Kannapolis High School came here to play in the Championship game against Graham High School when he and my Mom were there.. He told me they had lost but he didn’t know by how much.
We finally got to my Aunt’s house in Maryland! I survived a seven hour ride. We got our clothes and electronics out the car and came inside. It was 9:00 so there was no way we were going to the monument today. We planned to go see it tommorrow after we went to church. It was 1:00 pm the next day and we were ready to go see the monument. We made it near the monument but we saw everything else like the white house, Abraham Lincoln’s monument, the Capitol, and finally the Martin Luther King Jr. Monument. That was the best day I ever had and I got a lot of pictures. The next morning was the day we had to leave. While we were leaving we did some last-minute sight seeing.
We arrived back home safely and will be able to tell my friends. That was a vacation I will never forget. I had a lot of fun and I can’t wait to go back.

2 comments:

  1. Mann, That sounds fun.. But I coldn't do a seven hour ride in the car. Then seven hours back. But anyway, I wonder if you can go up to Abraham Lincoln's Monument? Good story though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you said that you "survived" the seven hour car ride. Those long trips are tough! I thought it was a nice touch to include the story you dad told you about Kannapolis playing Graham....since your readers are mostly from K town, that was a good decision on your part as a writer.
    Oh, and one other thing--come talk to me about fluency. I have an idea about something you might like to look at in your writing. Nice Job!

    ReplyDelete