xavier url

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

"Step Up!!!"

Twoooooo points!!!!! Cavaliers 40 Lakers 29.
“Dang man they can’t be scorin’ like that. Come on guys!!! We can make a comeback.” I knew we couldn’t the other team had too much momentum and kept scoring. My team and I were getting beat by our rival. It was time for me (Xavier) to step up but we would have to do it after the half as the clock went to zero. BEEEEEEP!!
“Come on guys,” said Coach. “We need some new plays to win this game.”
My friend Kyle and I were furious we were trying real hard. We each had 14 points but we were still down by double-digits.
    BEEEEEP!!! Time for the second half of the game. Luckily We got the ball to start the half. I dribbled down the court and passed it to Kyle. He took a three and made it! That gave us the momentum to start coming back. The score was Cavaliers 58  Lakers 57. We had ten seconds to score. We got the ball and Kyle threw me an ALLEY-OOP it to me with two seconds in the game. I was being guarded by the best two guys on their team, but I wasn’t scared I went up for the ball and......
BOING!!!!!!!.....BEEEEEEEEP!! The ball went in we won the game 59-58!!! I made the buzzer-beater dunk.
             “Yay Lakers!!”, said the Crowd.
             “Nice dunk Xavier”, My dad told me.
             We won the Conference Championship. The finals will be next week against the Celtics.
             “Come on guys, I said, We need to practice. We got a huge game next week.”

9 comments: